Welcome to the StopCollector Resource Center. We know that when you’re the victim of debt collectors, you need access to reliable information – fast. That’s why we’re here to help.
Here, you can learn about your debt collection rights under the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the illegal tactics and dirty tricks debt collection agencies use to put the squeeze on you, and how you can fight back. You can discover you credit reporting rights under the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act, and how you can check your credit reports for free. You can also pick up tips on how to negotiate a debt settlement, and access sample letters and scripts. There’s also general information on bankruptcy, and specific information on some of the largest debt collection agencies. Finally, you can learn whether or not your state has fair debt collection and fair credit laws that differ from the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and Fair Credit Reporting Act.
We hope that you find this information useful, and urge you to contact us at if you need advice or a free case evaluation
What Would You Like to Learn About?
- Banks, debt collection, and credit reporting
- Debt buyers and statutes of limitations
- Your rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Your rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- How to negotiate a debt settlement
- How to file a Federal Trade Commission complaint against a debt collector
- Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy
- Sample letters and scripts you can use to fight debt collectors
- Your state’s fair debt collection and fair credit reporting laws
- The specific debt collection company that’s harassing you
- Student loan debt collection
- Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
- Debt Collection for the Deceased
If you have been the victim of harassment or illegal or unfair debt collection practices, contact the Fair Debt Attorneys at Lemberg & Associates immediately to discuss your options and protect your rights. When you owe creditors money, you are protected by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, as well as other federal and state laws. If a debt collector has violated your rights, you may be entitled to up to $1000 in damages, and they may even have to pay your attorney fees. Sergei Lemberg, and the attorneys at Lemberg & Associates have helped countless people to assert their legal rights with debt collectors. Don't be intimidated by illegal debt collection practices. For more information, contact Lemberg & Associates today at .