Is 877-394-5975 Calling You? Sue Them for $500-$1,500!
If you’ve been receiving calls from 877-394-5975, you can take solace in the fact that you’re not the only one suffering. The silver lining to this very gray cloud is that you don’t have to put up with harassment. You can sue the caller and recover up to $1,500 per call. Here’s what you need to know about 877-394-5975:
- 877-394-5975 is a phone number used by debt collection agency Carson Smithfield.
- Carson Smithfield was formerly Cardworks Servicing, and is based in Old Bethpage, New York.
- Consumers report that Carson Smithfield collects on the defunct Advanta credit card.
Do Calls from 877-394-5975 Make You Crazy?
Here’s the situation…. When Carson Smithfield calls from 877-394-5975, it can get on your nerves. Consumer discussion boards around the web are filled with complaints about calls from 877-394-5975. Here are some of the things folks are saying:
- One harassed consumer wrote, “This company called me five times so far today and two times yesterday. They are a pain in the neck. They never leave a message.”
- Another consumer reported, “I have been getting about seven to eight calls a day from this number, which is annoying because I am disabled and elderly. I can not be harassed like this. Someone should put a stop to this insane harassment. No one in a civilized country should have to put up with annoying calls everyday and all night.”
- A third said, “They call from early morning until late at night. My husband and I are in our late 80s. As for as I know we have no late debts.”
This pattern is all-too-common with debt collectors. These days, debt collection agencies routinely employ auto-dialers to “robocall” consumers. In addition, they get huge data files from original creditors, yet the files often contain incorrect information, such as a balance due when no money is owed. Moreover, debt collectors sometimes do things that are outrageous, such as calling the next of kin for someone who is deceased, in order to try and recover money that is legally unrecoverable.
Sometimes, even consumers who have worked out payment arrangements get harassed. One consumer wrote, “My husband lost his job almost five years ago. I did get behind on this bill. However, I set up a payment plan with them and I pay them biweekly. It auto-pays out of my bank account, so it is always on time. I have made 17 payments since we started the arrangement. I want to pay them what I owe them and I am paying them. However, they continue to call me at work and at home, regardless of the fact that I am sticking to the arrangements we both agreed to.”
When you’re on the receiving end of phone calls from 877-394-5975, it can be very annoying. One consumer wrote, “Need to stop calling me 10 to 15 times a day!”
It’s Time to Get Justice!
While it’s awful to be victimized by debt collector harassment, the good news is that you can stop the abuse. The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act says that you can sue harassing debt collectors and recover up to $1,000.
In addition, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act gives you the right to sue harassing callers and recover up to $500 – or triple that amount if the caller knowingly and willfully violated the law.
If you’ve been called by 877-394-5975, your next call should be to Lemberg & Associates. Here’s why:
- Lemberg & Associates has helped more than 8,000 clients recover more than $20 million.
- We can help you sue debt collectors under the FDCPA, and it won’t cost you a dime. Our legal representation is 100% free because debt collection agencies that violate the law are required to pay our fees.
- We can also help you sue harassing callers under the TCPA. You don’t have to pay a dime in out-of-pocket expenses. We work for you on a contingency basis and only get paid if we win.
So why wait? To stop debt collectors in their tracks, call Lemberg & Associates or complete the form to the right. We’ll fight for the justice you deserve.
Lemberg & Associates’ team
of consumer attorneys is highly
skilled and ready to help you
with debt collector abuse.
If you have been the victim of harassment or illegal or unfair debt collection practices, Lemberg & Associates will discuss your options with you and protect your rights. For more information, contact Lemberg & Associates today at .
Learn More About Us
"The FDCPA is a consumer protection statute and was intended to permit, even encourage, attorneys like Lemberg to act as private attorney generals to pursue FDCPA claims."
Sign Up for Our Webinar!
In just 30 minutes, learn how to sue for illegal robocalls and recover $500-$1,500 per call.
Monday, 12/9 at 12:00 p.m. EST/9:00 a.m. PST OR
Tuesday, 12/10 at 9:00 p.m. EST/6:00 p.m. PST
Click here to register
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.