Is 404-719-4368 Calling You? Sue Them for $500-$1,500!
Calls from 404-719-4368 can make you feel like you’re at the end of your rope. Fortunately, you’re not alone. In fact, there is some good news. You don’t have to put up with debt collector harassment. You may not realize this, but you can sue the caller and recover up to $1,500 per call. Here’s what you need to know about 404-719-4368:
- 404-719-4368 is a number used by the debt collection agency Portfolio Recovery Associates.
- Portfolio Recovery Associates buys huge quantities of charged-off debt and then tries to collect on it.
- Portfolio Recovery Associates is based in Norfolk, Virginia.
If you’re not familiar with debt buyers, here’s what you need to know:
- When a consumer doesn’t pay a bill, the business eventually has to write off the debt as uncollectible and remove it from their list of assets.
- he original creditor (a credit card company, a cell phone provider, or any other business) can bundle its old debts and sell them to a company like Portfolio Recovery Associates.
- Portfolio Recovery Associates buys the debt portfolio for next to nothing, and then turns around and calls consumers from 404-719-4368 in order to try and collect those old debts.
- Because Portfolio Recovery Associates paid so little for the old debt, it has to collect very little in order to turn a profit.
When 404-719-4368 Calls for Someone You Do Not Know
But here’s the bottom line…. When Portfolio Recovery Associates is calling from 404-719-4368, the bill collector is often calling the wrong person. Around the web, consumer discussion boards are vocal with complaints about calls from 404-719-4368. More often than not, those complaints revolve around cases where the person on the receiving end of the calls doesn’t know the person that Portfolio Recovery Associates is looking for.
- One harassed consumer wrote, “I am constantly getting these idiotic debt collectors calling for someone else. They have to be calling anyone with live telephone service. I got seven of these calls before 11:00 a.m.”
- Another said, “They keep asking for someone who hasn’t lived here in 10 years. I tried being nice and explained to them the person they are looking for hasn’t lived here in years. I even gave them a possible number where they could find them. They don’t listen or care, they just keep calling.”
- A third reported, “I received a call from this number saying they were collecting for a debt. I just got my phone and this number three days ago. Why are they calling me? I don’t have any debt.”
When buying a debt portfolio, the information debt buyers receive about consumers is often out-of-date. For example, the debt buyer may receive a consumer’s name, but not their current phone number. Alternately, they might receive an old address and call the current occupants in search of a consumer who moved on years before.
404-719-4368: Even More Complaints
Calling the wrong person is only one type of complaint about calls from 404-719-4368. Other consumers have a variety of other types of complaints:
- One person noted, “They call my work number several times a day, any and every day of the week, at all times of day, from several different numbers.”
- Another frustrated consumer wrote, “They have been calling my work phone for over a year, if not longer. Now they have just started on my cell. Sometimes its up to four times a day. Even on Saturday mornings and Sunday evenings. Gimme a break.”
When you’re on the receiving end of phone calls from 404-719-4368, it can be both frightening and annoying. It’s time to put a stop to the calls.
Get the Justice You Deserve
While it’s awful to be victimized by debt collector harassment, the good news is that you can stop the abuse. The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act says that you can sue harassing debt collectors and recover up to $1,000.
In addition, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act gives you the right to sue harassing callers and recover up to $500 – or triple that amount if the caller knowingly and willfully violated the law.
If you’re getting calls from 404-719-4368, this is why you need to call Lemberg & Associates:
- Lemberg & Associates has helped more than 8,000 clients recover more than $20 million.
- We can help you sue debt collectors under the FDCPA, and it won’t cost you a dime. Our legal representation is 100% free because debt collection agencies that violate the law are required to pay our fees.
- We can also help you sue harassing callers under the TCPA. You don’t have to pay a dime in out-of-pocket expenses. We work for you on a contingency basis and only get paid if we win.
So why wait? To stop debt collectors in their tracks, call Lemberg & Associates or complete the form to the right. We’ll fight for the justice you deserve.
Lemberg & Associates’ team
of consumer attorneys is highly
skilled and ready to help you
with debt collector abuse.
If you have been the victim of harassment or illegal or unfair debt collection practices, Lemberg & Associates will discuss your options with you and protect your rights. For more information, contact Lemberg & Associates today at .
Learn More About Us
"The FDCPA is a consumer protection statute and was intended to permit, even encourage, attorneys like Lemberg to act as private attorney generals to pursue FDCPA claims."
Sign Up for Our Webinar!
In just 30 minutes, learn how to sue for illegal robocalls and recover $500-$1,500 per call.
Monday, 12/9 at 12:00 p.m. EST/9:00 a.m. PST OR
Tuesday, 12/10 at 9:00 p.m. EST/6:00 p.m. PST
Click here to register
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.